Monday, March 08, 2010

Law Abiding Gamer

I didn't plan it this way, but we ended up watching a couple of Gerard Butler movies here lately. Thanks to a free Red Box code we watched Law Abiding Citizen last week. It was awesome! I really didn't know what to expect, since I never really heard much about this movie besides the commercials. It starts out pretty hardcore and just keeps going. I highly recommend it.

On the flip side is Gamer. While this wasn't the worst video game related movie (it beats Stay Alive by a mile), it definitely could have been worse. Basically this Bill Gates kind of guy develops a way to put nanites in your brain so that you can be controlled remotely. He creates a Sony Home type place called Society and a Halo type game called Slayers.

It felt a little like The Running Man meets Deathrace (the one with Jason Statham). It wasn't that bad of a movie really. The action was pretty good. The plot was iffy, but that wasn't a surprise at all.

I like it how Hollywood has discovered nano-bots as a convenient plot device to explain all sorts of stuff in movies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I watched this one not that long ago and I loved the cameo from James Roday (Psych) Though Everyone I watched it with fell asleep halfway through so when the ridiculously awkward zombie dance sequence came up there was no one awake to laugh and share it with.