Monday, June 30, 2008

Hazy Haze

I borrowed Haze from my friend at work last week. We each bought PS3's from Wal-Mart. I used my free $100 gift card on groceries, and he used his on Haze. Not the best decision he's ever made, but I got to play it for free, so I'm not complaining. Hehe.

Overall, I thought the gameplay was decent. It wasn't groundbreaking, but it didn't feel as floaty as the TimeSplitters games always felt to me. There were a lot of good ideas in there that really just didn't get executed as well as they could have. Shouldn't I have been a little more addicted to Nectar? I mean, give me some withdrawal symptoms in-game.

What really stuck out to me was the language. They slung fuck and motherfucker around quite a bit. I know it's a M rated game and all, but I guess I'm just not used to the NPC's calling me a motherfucker. It just felt like they were just saying it to say it. There wasn't a lot of context aside from the fact that they were all juiced up on Nectar.

By the way, if you're going to go ahead and let the motherfucker's fly, then why not give your soldiers a better battlecry than "boosh!"

I think I was almost through the campaign when I started hitting some bugs. I was driving a vehicle and crashed head first into an enemy vehicle, which caused all sorts of craziness. When I loaded the checkpoint, there were no textures loaded and no vehicle. Just me driving around, leaving tire tracks on nothing. So, I re-loaded and it worked for a few minutes until it finally froze. It's at that point that I decided I was done with it.

I did get Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 and it is gorgeous. Glad I got it for the PS3 instead of waiting for the 360 version.

No comments: