Sunday, August 26, 2007

Coming Zune

Ok, so I got my Zune on Saturday. I immediately plugged it in to let it charge and got this picture on the screen. I assumed the battery was charging and let it sit there for a couple hours. When I finally sat down to install the software, the Zune wasn't detected. I tried 3 usb ports on my pc and one on my work laptop to no avail. I left it plugged in overnight and still the same icon was on the screen.

I broke down and called Zune support and they had me plug it into a usb port in the back of my pc, stating that the ones on the front sometimes have a sleep mode. I did this and waited an hour (and killed the time fragging in the COD4 mp beta). Nothing changed, so I actually plugged it into my 360 to see if that would help. Nothing.

I called Zune support back and was told to unplug it and let the battery completely die. It's been about 8 hours since I did that and the screen still shows the battery icon. I'm hoping that it will finally die tomorrow. Otherwise, I will have to send it in and have it fixed or replaced. The timeframe on a replacement will probably be 3 weeks or more. Awesome!

No comments: