Friday, January 04, 2008

Try Again Later


Try again later
Originally uploaded by Gemini Ace
I can't recover my gamertag! This is getting ridiculous!

I was all set to blog about Super Mario Galaxy, but I'm too pissed about not being able to recover my gamertag.

I'm on the phone right now with 1-800-4-MYXBOX.

I chose account recovery and "Max" is trying to help me recover my account to an original Xbox. Big help even though I said "Xbox 360".

And now I'm on hold listening to Halo music, Geetar!

Holding...

Drinking my rum and Pepsi...

Holding...

Pause in the music. Thought I might get help...

Holding...

Strange drum music...

Holding...

I need a refill...

Holding...

Someone answered!

He asked me what it said when I ran the test connection. I say, "I haven't run the test connection. I'm connected. I can't recover my gamertag."

He's looking at something...

Holding....

Ok. First he told me my e-mail address is wrong. I have 2 gamertags. One is linked to my gmail accound and one is linked to my hotmail account. I tried changing to my gmail account, but that's the wrong one. So, we're back to hotmail.

I tried to download my profile. Got the same error again. Xbox Live signup is currently unavailable.

Now I'm trying to recover my gamertag. I'm typing it in as case sensitive. Gemini Ace. I was typing gemini ace. I didn't think it mattered. Let's see.

That didn't work...

I told him that I washed my memory card and it had my account info on it. Then I told him I just wanted to recover my account to my HDD.

Now he's saying that the recovery piece is down. Telling me to keep trying every hour. I asked for an ETA. He doesn't have one. He's processing something so he can give me an SR number. Apparently his manager didn't tell him the recovery part was down. Nice!

Man, I gotta take a leak...

I have my SR number. He's telling me to call back with this number and tell them I'm frustrated. I think I can do that!

Hung up. Taking a leak...ahhhh!

The worst part is I can't even log in locally to my Xbox 360. I can't play games and earn achievements under my gamertag at all. I'm totally locked out.

Talk about frustrating.

No comments: