Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Corporate Crap

So, I worked overnight at Kohl's last night. Around 10:30 I was called into the store manager's office. Everyone was called in individually, so it wasn't like I was singled out. Anyway, I was given a warning because of my attendance. Basically I've been late or called in like 26 times. Mostly late. So, I signed the sheet and said "thank you" like a good worker bee.

Of course, now that I've had some time to think about it, it's a little irritating. You're late if it's more than 5 minutes. I wasn't aware they were such sticklers for time. What really brings this one home is the fact that they're worried about us being late by more than 5 minutes, but the people up there that don't bathe on a regular basis get a pass.

And how about the guy that either comes into work drunk or gets drunk through the course of the night? It's common knowledge that he's never sober, and everybody looks the other way. Meanwhile he's shaking like a leaf and smells like liquor is seeping out of his pores.

Basically, we need to get a handle on this attendance thing. It's become a real problem. Sure, you come in clean and sober and do your work. Sure, you're able to string a sentence together and form a coherent thought. But, heaven forbid you come in 6 minutes late. That's the real crime.

Stupid company policies really piss me off. I'm an adult. I'm not coming in and whacking it in the bra department. Just leave me alone and let me do my job!

No comments: