Monday, August 03, 2009

Magpie!

I signed up for Magpie back before Christmas. I saw it come out and figured what the hell. I use Twitter a lot and have a nice bunch of followers, so why not. I didn't know if it would work at the time, and since you have to build up $60 before you can cash out, it took at while to find out.

Well, I finally did find out. I checked in on it the other day and to my surprise and delight I had $97.30 in my account! I literally had a heart attach, hit myself with the defibrillator, fainted, gave myself smelling salts, and finally pissed all over myself. Once I was cleaned up, I transferred the money to my paypal account and began rubbing my hands together thinking of all the cool shit I can buy.

My first purchase was a guitar stand from the Rock Band store. I had won a $20 credit from WouldYouKindly.com, so it only cost me a like $17. Then I went yesterday and got a 1600 point card for Xbox Live and bought 'Splosion Man and The Maw. I still have $50 left, which is going to buy me Halo 3: ODST in September.

I've actually made out pretty well when it comes to Twitter. In addition to making that money from Magpie, I've won stuff from EvolvedGaming.net, The10k.com, GameHounds.net and SFX-360.com. I think I've even won something from 360Junkies.com. Not to mention my friends at PlatformNation.com.

Launch viral advertising campaigns on Twitter with Magpie!

No comments: