Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Saga Continues...

As everyone knows, I got the red ring of death on my Xbox 360 a couple weeks ago. The night before the Halo 3 beta launched to be exact. I called Microsoft and $140 later they sent me a box and I shipped them my console. Nothing crazy yet...

I got my console back on Thursday, the 31st. Getting it back did not go without incident, however. But, when does anything go off without a hitch? Anyway, I was supposed to get my 360 back on Wednesday. I was watching UPS.com all day. It showed out for delivery and I was excited. I refreshed the page around 2:30 and it showed that a delivery attempt had been made but no one was there to sign for it. Will attempt again tomorrow. I was livid. I knew the apartments could sign for the package.

I called UPS immediately and they were of little help. Basically I was able to put a hold on the package so I could pick it up later that evening when the driver made it back to the distribution center. They would call me and let me know when I could come get it. An hour later they called and told me that I would not be able to pick it up until the next day. My attempts to have them re-route the driver didn't work. I told them that he didn't stop by the apartment office, which he should have. The UPS guy I talked to actually called the driver and asked him about this. He lied and said he did try to drop it by the office, but they were closed for lunch. I verified with the office that they were never closed at any point during the day. The driver was just a lazy bastard and didn't want to do his job.

All this led up to me having to pick up my Xbox on Thursday after work. I got it home and plugged it up, recovered my gamertag, and then went to put in a disc. That's when I realized the disc drive was fucked up. It wouldn't open when I hit the button. It was stuck on something. I was finally able to get it open, but it's still not right. I put my Crackdown disc in and downloaded the H3 beta and played a bunch of Rumble Pit.

The long and short of it is that Microsoft should be sending out new systems instead of refurbs and UPS sucks major ass.

The end...?

Digg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to be an annoying and impatient jerk just like you. How is it easier for the driver to come back the next day rather than drop it off? One more day without your 360 won't kill you.

You should get a brand new 360 for what reason? Yes you may have bought a new one, but did you send them a new one? If it is still broken, send it back again.

Find something to get mad over!!!

Anonymous said...

Well he should get a new one because they sent him a refurb, but the refurb was messed up too. They should have done it right the first time.
The driver should have dropped it off like planned, that is his job.

Find something you know about to complain about!!!