Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 4th Goodness

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I got a call from UPS letting me know I had a package scheduled for delivery on the 3rd. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier! It looks great. The disc drive works great. It took a long time, but it was worth it.

I called into the live Unscripted 360 show today. Coincidentally, Godfree from GTR called in right before me. DeaconBlade, Coach, Godfree and I ended up having a good debate about EA and E3 and all the other issues we've been having. I still don't agree that having EA sponsor the podcast is a good idea, but I can see Godfree's point. We agreed to disagree.

Here is the direct link to the show. Fast forward to the 20 minute mark to get to the debate.

2 comments:

robowerks said...

GeminiAce, it was a good show and you made some really valid points, as well as Godfree. I personally don't see it as a big issue as long as you write your true feelings. I mean if EA decides to hirer someone to write stuff for them that's one thing, but if they send you something to review and talk about, I don't think of that as much as a payment and then I would have to put them in a good light because of it. I think good and bad reviews are needed and it gives you a well rounded view of the subject then.

Rane said...

I agree. I just see it as a conflict of interest. Even if they do stay true to the games and community, the perception is there. Podcasts in general are fighting to be taken seriously. There's no way that they can even compete with regular, main-stream media because of the strict rules placed on journalists. If podcasting is going to become the force that I think it can be, then the leaders need to take it upon themselves to conduct their business in a professional manner, whether they get paid to do so or not.