Sunday, February 24, 2008

Crappy Movie Weekend!

We got Shoot 'Em Up and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 from Netflix. My sister had let me know previously that Shoot 'Em Up is awesome. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

The plot and dialog were absolutely atrocious. The action was decent, but I think I've gotten too old to enjoy action for the sake of action. It may sound stupid, but I expect a hint of plausibility in my action sequences. When I see a guy sever an umbilical cord by shooting it or get t-boned in a BMW, flip multiple times, then keep going, I really begin to question what the writer/director was thinking. And I question why the hell I'm watching in the first place.

On the other hand I knew Pirates was going to suck. The second one was one of the biggest cinematic disappointments I've ever seen. The plot was so convoluted and nonsensical, my wife and I felt lost the whole time. I mainly wanted to see it just to see if they pulled it out of the shitter in the end. They didn't.

Why Johnny Depp, why?

No comments: