Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dick Day Every Day

I've been pretty busy lately, but what's new? There's been a lot of stuff going on, both in my life and in the gaming community.

I've been formulating a blog post about how much I can't stand the 70's music that's in Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Some of it is ok, like The Who, but other stuff like David Bowie and Boston just sucks. I know most people disagree with me, and that's fine.

I really just prefer stuff that came out in the 90's and up. I understand that the music in the 70's paved the way for a lot of what we hear today, but that doesn't mean we have to keep reliving it. Live in the now!

I downloaded the free Heroic Map Pack for Halo 3 last night. The new maps are pretty sweet, but I'm really looking forward to the new "re imagining" of Lockout and Sidewinder. I haven't decided if I'm going to drop 800 points on the pack yet.

Microsoft did a couple things this week. One good and one bad. First, they set all the gamerscore cheaters back to zero. I think this is fair. If you cheat, you should be punished. I pay $50 a year in order to use a system with a high degree of integrity. The only thing that concerns me is why they let some gamers amass over 200,000 points before they dropped the hammer.

Second, they are forcing a gamer who was in Trixie's spotlight to change his gamertag. I feel bad for Cow Moolester. If it were me, I would definitely fight Microsoft on this one. Not that he'll win, but you gotta put up a fight. Otherwise they'll think it's ok to do it to anyone.

I understand that it's their system, but if it wasn't caught on the initial signup, then I think Moolester gets a pass. He made it passed the man! You can't let someone walk around with his dick hanging out for a couple years, then one day decide he can't do it anymore. You gotta say something immediately, or he's home free and it's dick day every day.

No comments: