Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mario Kart Wii

I traded in a few games at Gamestop on Sunday in order to get my hands on Mario Kart Wii. I know, Gamestop is the devil, but the games didn't sell on eBay and I wasn't willing to wait to start racing. They did give me $15 for the games, which is more than I expected. It doesn't matter, because in the end it's all about Mario!

I didn't play Mario Kart DS much online. I played the Wii version online last night and pretty much got my ass handed to me in every race. I came in 2nd once, but that's the best I could do. Not that I'm complaining. It was a ton of fun. I did get a little frustrated at times, but it wasn't because of the game or controls. Just my unfamiliarity with the new courses.

Rhea and I played on Sunday night in some VS. races. I love playing with her because she cusses like a sailor when she's playing. It's probably a good thing there isn't voice chat in the game because both of us get pretty raunchy. There's a lot of "fucking Baby Mario!" and "Shit!" and "Oh, that's nice, I fell off!". The last one isn't that bad, but it's always punctuated by "fuck!".

The cool thing is when you're first connecting. I always chose regional races, so it showed a big map of the U.S. and it would pop up people's Mii's on the map where they are located. It was a cool feature I wouldn't mind seeing on Xbox LIVE. Maybe Nintendo has some online game after all.

The friend code thing is another story altogether. I got messages from some of my buddies, but it was just a note with their friend code in it. I couldn't say accept or anything to automatically add them. I had to write the number down, boot up the game, then add them. Pain in the ass!

Overall I'm super happy with the game. I'm especially happy that I threw some money at Nintendo instead of at Rockstar for GTAIV. Vote with your wallet, I say.

No comments: