Monday, November 17, 2008

Left 4 Dud

I got to try the Left 4 Dead demo when I was over at Alana's on Friday. I came away disappointed. One because you can only play 2 player split screen (and we know I hate that), and two because the game just wasn't that fun.

I didn't really feel a sense of urgency while I played. I didn't think the weapons felt very effective. I also didn't feel that the zombie horde was that scary. I'm not even sure you can die completely. I got vomited on by that fat zombie and got swarmed, but I didn't die. I just waited for it to wear off while I peppered them with my shotgun.

I really thought this was going to be the game to beat this holiday season, but instead I found it's just a slightly better version of The Club.

1 comment:

Kevin "KBC" Mulcrone said...

I agree. I thought the demo was poorly made, which leads me to assume the game will be too.