Saturday, November 03, 2007

Blue October FTW!

The Blue October concert last night was awesome! Unfortunately, the other bands in the line up were not equally as awesome and I will tell you why.

First, I'm pissed because The Edge came in and messed up what was supposed to be a Blue October show and turned it into the "Hulabaloo". When we bought our tickets, the only bands on the bill were Shiny Toy Guns, Yellowcard, and Blue October. Well, in the Edge's great wisdom, they decided that there needed to be 3 more bands on the bill and that the whole thing needed to start at 5 o'clock. Who can get there at 5 on a Friday?!

Granted, the bands they added weren't all bad. I like the Sick Puppies and Evans Blue. I haven't heard of Love Drug and I'm guessing there's a reason for that. Anyway, we got there as soon as we could, but still didn't get to see the Sick Puppies. Thanks, KDGE! Way to put a band on at fucking 6:45!

The first band we did get to see was Evans Blue. Now, I like their first CD a lot, but I haven't been able to listen to the new one much. Having said that, their set sucked. Either the sound was messed up or something, but it just didn't sound good at all.

Then Yellowcard came on. The whole time I'm thinking "when did turning up the volume for the sake of volume equal rocking?" I felt kinda old during their set because I stayed seated while a bunch of the people around us stood up. Anyway, if you've ever heard Yellowcard on the radio, you know they're not a metal band, but they tried to play like they were. Even the guy with the violin was running around like he was playing speed metal. Kids these days!

Then, out came Blue October. I'm guessing all the equipment was mainly set up for their stuff, because they sounded amazing. We screamed along to each song and loved every minute of it. And, they played Somebody, which is my favorite Blue October song and one of my favorite songs EVAR. Fucking rocked my face off!

No comments: