Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Brightkite

So, somebody sent me an invite to Brightkite.com yesterday. I'm not sure who it was, but whoever you are, thanks!

I signed up and started playing around. It took me a while to get my settings tweaked in order to get my posts and check ins to go to twitter, but thanks to a really helpful Brightkite guy, I got it worked out.

I just question the value of location-based blogging. It's an interesting idea, but it just feels like something I'm tacking on to Twitter.

Brightkite might grab me more when we eventually get our iPhones. Yes, that's right. Rhea and I have pretty much decided that we're going to get iPhones when our T-Mobile contract runs out in October. I still have to find out how the data plan works and how much it will cost us per month, and I'm also hoping they patch in MMS messaging by then also. That's really the only sticking point I have right now. It's almost a deal breaker. I wish I could test one out before I buy it and see what the difference is.

No comments: