Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

Apparently this is becoming a habit, making these posts on Monday about the busy weekend. I would like to post more during the week, but sometimes I just don't have the time. Hey, I know you want more of the Ace, but patience is a freakin' virtue, you heathens!

Anyway, we watched Eagle Eye and Max Payne this weekend. I give Eagle Eye two thumbs up because it was a damn good flick. I give Max Payne a meh. The story wasn't what you would call interesting and there wasn't enough action for my taste. I did, however, discover the guy that should play Kratos if they ever make a God of War movie. Yes, I take full credit for this discovery. Let it be known that if this ever happens, it's because of me.

I was over at the in-laws yesterday with Rhea. Her sister had some news to lay on the family. We already knew, but they didn't. Anyway, she's pregnant, too! According to Rhea, she's stealing her thunder. I would have to agree that thunder is indeed being stolen.

Between Baylee being pregnant and now Amanda, we're looking at a full scale baby invasion. They're coming to take over, make no mistake. We will be replaced. (Yea, I stole that from Seinfeld.)

And finally, we're holding a little contest over at ACFriends. Go read about it and enter if you like. And while I'm on the subject, I'm also kicking around the idea of a show re-boot. It would include a name change and maybe a new feed. I want to do a "pilot" episode next time Alana and I get together, just to test the waters.

I've had the idea of broadening the scope of the show for a while now, but I've always resisted because of all the history. And because we have a website with the show's name it it. But seriously, we've been doing this for almost three years now. It's been a blast, but I think the name has really held us back from getting more listeners and being a bigger show.

Of course, the biggest problem we face with starting a new show is finding a name.

No comments: