Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Picking A Band Name

The story thus far is this...

I've tried to enter the challenges in Rock Band 2 with my band, VaJayJay 5000. The game tells me that I can't enter because my band name isn't "classy" enough. I say to myself (and everyone in earshot), "Fuck you, Harmonix. My band name is my identity and I will not be swayed!"

Fast forward a few weeks.

Now Harmonix has given us the ability to buy band merch like pictures, shirts, and even figures. Ok, so you got me. I'm willing to sell out my name...no, my very identity as a band. Where do I sign?

So this is how it feels to be a rock star.

So now the arduous task of picking a new band name. The qualifications are simple, yet extremely hard to fit. First, it has to be funny. I'm not a member of some serious rock outfit, here. We're all about fun and partying. And dick jokes. Second, it has to meet the criteria of "classy".

Shit.

No comments: