Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sex In The City

We watched the Sex and the City movie last night. I owed it to Rhea since we didn't see it in the theater. It was on Blu-Ray, so it was probably better than in the theater. At least that's what I'm telling myself to alleviate my guilt.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but that doesn't mean my genitalia didn't run back up into my body like a frightened turtle. It was a lot longer than I expected considering it was about a bunch of chicks talking about their feelings. Oh who am I kidding. I'm surprised it wasn't four hours. Ba dum bum!

What concerns me is how the movie paints women and how they should react to things that happen in their relationships. Basically, as a woman, you should (spoiler alert):

  • Forgive being left at the altar because, in the long run, you're not going to be able to find another man, so why try?
  • Forgive your man for cheating on you because, in the long run, you're not going to be able to find another man, so why try?
  • Leave the one guy that can stand your annoying ass just so you can bang a bunch of random guys. Classy!
  • Wear the ugliest thing you can find. Match it with the second ugliest thing you can find. Put on some heels. Make sure your bra straps are showing. Go out on the town.
It's great that you gals should feel empowered to get out there and "have it your way", as it were. Bang away, I say. You should just be careful so you don't catch the AIDS. Or end up looking like Sarah Jessica Parker.

No comments: